Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Organization and Preparation Tips

1. What do you think are the author's three most important points?

I believe the author's three main points are content, keeping it simple and confidence. If you do not have information for your topic, then the presentation will be worthless. One the other hand, you must keep your presentation simple enough so your audience can understand it. You do not want to overload them with information and data. Confidence is a very key aspect of a good presentation. People do not want to listen to someone who is nervous or does not know their information. It makes the presentation awkward.

2. How might you apply his advice to your own presentation?

The thing that I will be sure I do is know my content and information. In order to give a good presentation and have the audience comprehend your ideas, you must first fully know the content. I believe this is the most important aspect and will benefit me the most. I will also be sure to keep by presentation very simple. I must present my information in a way that my audience can understand it. This will help them to get a full grasp on what I am trying to present and allow for a good presentation.

3. What do you think presentation preparation has in common with product design?

I think the thing that presentation preparation and design have in common is you must know your audience. In a presentation you must know who you are talking to and their general knowledge of the topic you will be presenting. In product design you must know what type of people you will be selling to. Depending on the type of person that will be using your product will determine how the product will be made. You must also think about the end in both scenarios. You must know what you are going to present and the information you want to get across to your audience. In design you want to have an idea of what you are creating and what the function of the product will be.

Week 9 Design Topics
Building Design
Layouts of Houses
Multi-Story Structures

No comments:

Post a Comment