Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Final Blog

1. What seminar readings, exercises, or assignments were most challenging, interesting, or rewarding for you? Why?

The most challenging thing that we did in class this year was the Wikipedia paper. This piece by far was the most challenging because it was completely factual. Also, finding relevant and useful data to support our topic was very difficult. The most interesting thing we did this year was build the chair at the beginning of the year. It was very interesting to see how each chair turned out and what the design was for each. The most rewarding was reading The Design of Everyday Things. This piece made me have a better understanding of certain aspects of design and of possible flaws in current design processes.

2. What are the most important things you learned in this seminar?

The most important things that I learned this year in this seminar were how to spot flaws in design and how people react to certain design aspects. It was really interesting to notice that I am beginning to spot flaws in design in my everyday life. I notice things in the real world and think how a certain designer would not approve of it. It was also very interesting to learn how people react to design. Companies, stores and even streets are designed a certain way for a reason. Sometimes it helps the user or sometimes the design is used to deceive them.

3. How might you use this learning in the future?

I might use this in the future because I would like to open my own business. Opening my own business would definitely include aspects of design such as advertisement, architecture and the luring of the customer. The things that I learned in this class will be applied to my future. I feel as if I am already applying certain concepts and ideas in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment